Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Lemon-Just close your eyes and give it a try

Last Saturday, after badminton, we had the opportunity to try out one of the most raved about drinks in the metro.

To be honest, I haven't really heard about it but having been documenting my experiences of different restaurants and talking about their food, I thought it would be good to document my experiences about trying new drinks as well.

My companion then swears by the goodness of the drinks in happy lemon so that also gave me a motivation to try it out. Looking at their menu, I was actually a bit shocked if not turned-off because of the unheard of combination of rock salt and cheese on coffee drinks. I was actually confused, was it supposed to be savory or a sweet drink?

When we got our drink, I was discouraged some more. My drink (green tea with rock salt and cheese) looked like it was something brewed in a witch's cauldron. There were bubbles and foam that are not really enticing.

Ia's drink was a bit more presentable. The cocoa powder as toppings was the saving grace because it was able to cover the foamy and bubbly substance on top of our glasses.

But I am grateful to Ia for encouraging me to give it a try. Because after the first sip, I was won over. Don't mind the presentation and don't mind the description of mixing rock salt with your drink. Just give it a try and you'd be won over too.

My drink won me over because it is very fragrant just like real honest-to-goodness green tea that I've tried in Japan. The saltiness was not very empowering but emphasized the sweetness of the drink making me like it some more.

Too bad there are too few branches. I would certainly recommend it to my friends to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment