Sunday, September 25, 2011

Italianni's - Italian food is homey, soothing and comforting.

Lester and I ate at Italianni's last Friday afternoon. We were supposed to have a snack but we ended up having a pizza and a pasta. I guess after last week's review of Italianni's I would have to declare that Italianni's is now on my list of best Italian restaurants in the metro.

I mean C in Pampanga is really good and would probably rival Italianni's but let's face it. It's not exactly very accessible what with a three hour's drive away to reach it if one is coming from QC.

So anyway, Lester and I had the basic pasta in pesto sauce which is actually quite simple. The pesto sauce is quite mild with the basil being just right and not really bitter unlike one of the restaurants I've tried. I was also looking for some crunch coming from pine nuts but am not really sure if that's the recipe that Italianni's followed. I just like my pesto to have a bit of crunch which the pine nuts provides.

Because it took us quite a long time to decide which pizza we're going to have, the nice waiter was kind enough to suggest to us their 4-flavored pizza, the Quattro Staggioni. There's one that has pepperoni on it, another has shrimp and black olives, another has mushrooms and artichokes and finally another that has 4 cheeses. They served the pizza with toppings of arugula leaves which I truly appreciated because it added another dimension to the flavors, a taste of refreshing nuttiness.

So last Friday's snack was supposed to be a light one but we ended up being so full we had no room for dessert. Next time, I'll just go to Italianni's and try their desserts... but then again, who could say no to their wonderful pizzas?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment