Friday, September 9, 2011

Tsoko.nut

Whenever I want to just have a light snack, Tsoko.nut is usually one of the places I consider. It's because they serve really good coffee shop staples like sandwiches, pastas and pastries.

So my recent visit to Tsoko.nut became my first opportunity to review their food officially here in my blog. I would have wanted to order the tablea cake because past visits have proved the excellence of that cake but since I am still a bit full, we decided to just have the napoleones for dessert.

One of the dishes that we tried was their malunggay pesto pasta. This is one of the staple dishes that we order whenever we eat here at tsoko.nut. I know it is a well prepared pasta dish mainly because the noodles were firm and al dente. One thing you'd notice about the malunggay pesto is how fragrant it is. It really entices one to dig in the dish and try it out. The accompanying herbed bread is also a perfect accompaniment to the dish.












We also had the chicken fantasia sandwich which, in my opinion, is a relatively good sandwich because of three things: 1) it is served on a hot and toasted ciabatta 2) the chicken was flavorful and not rubbery 3) the vegetables provide a really good crunch to the sandwich giving it a different texture.


One of the reasons for the really good texture and crunch in the sandwich is the large slices of onions in the middle of the sandwich. I don't mind the onions and actually like the heat they give but for some, this might be a turn off.

For dessert, we had the napoleones. Having just come from Bacolod and tried the real  and original napoleones (try Virgie's Napoleones), the Tsoko.nut napoleones is totally far far away from the standard. For one thing, the pastry is not flaky and crumbly. The cream in the middle is actually too thick almost to the consistency of a yema.

It was actually quite a disappointing end to a really good snack time. Next time, I will have the tablea cake and maybe I will have the perfect snack time.

No comments:

Post a Comment