Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yakimix - All you can eat for the decisive!







Had lunch with my closest friends as their despedida for me. We ate at YakiMix because I've heard so many stories (not only good ones but horror stories too) about this place. One of the things I've heard is how hordes of people would wait in line for their chance to eat in the restaurant.

So part of the strategy to be able to eat without the pressure and the hassle of having so many people in the venue, we decided to eat during a weekday lunch hour.





I am actually pleased with the food in the buffet. They have soup and sukiyaki. They have different kinds of meats and seafood that you can grill in the middle of the table. Of course, we grabbed a lot of the bacon, shrimps, pork slices, asparagus wrapped in bacon, bananas wrapped in bacon, duck meat, mushrooms, corn, yakitoris and even hot dog. I actually liked the experience of grilling the meats and vegetables.

If you're not into grilling meats and veggies, you may sink your teeth in those makis and sushis. There are actually two sections of maki where you can find the most common california maki to the not so common like crunchy crab maki or a really spicy one that I can't even remember.

And because these sushis and makis are bite size, you actually don't feel you're eating a lot. It's just like popping them in your mouth like savory M&M's. In fact, I've had about two and a half plates of these. I would have wanted to try all the variants but I don't think I'd have room for the other selections if I did.

If you're looking for something more filling than bite-size sushis, there are still other dishes in yakimix that you can try. To be honest though, I was so overwhelmed with the sushi and maki selection I was only able to give a limited time in trying the dishes that you can pair with the rice.

And of course, they have a lot of kinds of pastries, fruits and ice cream for dessert.

The ice cream can be sprinkled (or in this case, covered) with different kinds of toppings: from rice crispies, rainbow sprinkles, marshmallows, chocolate chips and so on. I think our ice cream ended up as toppings with ice cream rather than the other way around.

So all in all, how was my yakimix experience? I'd say it's such a good buffet. There's food for everyone. There's actually a wide range of selections which may in a way be too overwhelming for someone who is not decisive. If you're not sure of what you want to eat, you better be careful eating at Yakimix. You might gain 20 lbs if you don't control yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment