Friday, September 30, 2011

Recipes - always reliable, always good, Filipino food.

As part of my birthday mini-gatherings, Ate Fen and I met up for lunch. I just really wanted to catch up with her, especially after finding out that she can know administer weddings (hehehe, Joke lang, Ate Fen!) and since my departure date for Japan is fast approaching.

We ate at Recipes which is at the second floor of Greenbelt 3. Going there, I already know what I want to eat... The crispy fried tilapia,


and the gising gising.


Of course, because it is my birthday celebration, there should always be pansit.


Ate Fen ordered chicken teriyaki.


Just like always, the tilapia was very crispy (although this time a bit dry or overcooked for me, kasi nga crispy, enuveh!), and the accompanying toyo with suka and sili or onions was perfect. It brings back memories from childhood when crispy fried tilapia would be the favorite ulam whenever it is raining.

The gising gising is still the coconut-cream based vegetable dish. It gives the additional color to our dish and the additional crunch since the green beans are very crunch.

The chicken teriyaki was very flavorful. The little bite that I had made me want some more but I was already full.  Still, I helped myself to a few more pieces of chicken.

The pansit was best served hot. The noodles were firm and the it is the type of pansit that I liked: not dry but a bit saucy, just like how mom makes her pansit.

Recipes for me is all about Filipino food but more than that it is about the memories that those food remind me whenever I eat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment